Office of the Bursar
Available Now Through Your Student Payment Portal
MSU Denver is now offering convenient payment plans to students, allowing you to pay in manageable monthly installments. You can use a plan to pay all or part of your tuition, avoiding the high interest rates that normally come with a traditional loan – with one low $35.00 fee at enrollment.*
With manageable monthly installments, you can pay tuition for a high-value education at your own pace. Although the payment plans are not mandatory, we highly encourage students to sign up! Below are some of the benefits of enrolling:
- Simple enrollment process ensures your payment plan is set up properly with the school.
- Payments conveniently made electronically – no postage or lines to worry about! (Auto Pay option available).
- Easy access to manage your account online.
- Avoid a 4% service charge in the beginning of the semester by enrolling into a payment plan!
Things to know before you sign up:
- The 4% fee will be waived for students who enroll in a payment plan, however, students are still subject to the monthly service charges of 1.5% throughout the semester, until the balance is paid in full. Check out our Important Dates document for more information about deadlines and service charges.
- NOTE: Students who get a financial aid award offer, obtain certification for Military benefits with our Veteran & Military Student Services Office, or establish sponsorship, by the payment deadline, are exempt from ALL service charges.
- Students who sign up for a payment plan are still subject to the usual student financial responsibility as outlined by the university's Financial Responsibility and Promissory Note Agreement.
- Students who sign up for a payment plan are still subject to the Balance Due Hold, which requires students to pay down to $2000.00 to be able to enroll into the next semester.
- If your balance increases after you enroll in a payment plan, you have an option to consolidate the new balance under an updated payment plan. Alternatively, you may choose to continue your existing payment plan, and pay the newly added charges by the posted deadlines for that semester.
- If your balance decreases (due to financial aid, or any other payment) after you enroll in a payment plan, your monthly payments are going be automatically redistributed based on the new balance.
- IMPORTANT: If you are certain that your financial aid will cover your balance in full, we strongly suggest that you don't enroll in a payment plan and avoid paying extra $35 in enrollment fees.
- More questions? Visit our Payment Plan FAQ page, or contact us to get more answers.
*The $35.00 fee is non-refundable.
How to Enroll
If you are ready to enroll into a payment plan, please follow the steps provided below:
- Go to your Student Hub (https://www.msudenver.edu/studenthub/)
- Click on Pay Tuition tile (log in)
- On the left-hand side, click on “Payment Plans” button.
- Click on the “View payment plan options” button (you may need to scroll down a bit to locate it).
- Select your payment plan option.
- Review payment plan details, check the "I Agree" checkbos, and enter your electronic signature. Click "Continue".
- Enter your payment information to pay for the $35 enrollment fee and complete enrollment.
- You may also enroll into "Auto Pay" and/or save your method of payment (Optional).
- Check your student email for payment plan confirmation notice.
You will incur a 4% service charge for overdue payment of tuition and fees unless you sign up for a payment plan. The first monthly service charge of 4% will be waived when you sign up for a payment plan, with a 1.5% monthly service charge thereafter until your tuition is paid in full.
All available plans and applicable payment options, fees and disclosures will be presented to you during the enrollment process. Enrollment in and availability of plans may be subject to applicable state law limitations. An enrollment fee will apply and other fees may apply to the extent permitted by law. The Cashnet Full Service Payment Plan is administered by Higher One, Inc. dba Cashnet, a Transact Holdings Inc. company.
The enrollment fee is considered a finance charge which is defined by federal regulations as “the cost of consumer credit as a dollar amount.” To make it easy for consumers to compare this cost to other forms of credit, Cashnet provides the equivalent annual percentage rate (APR), which takes into account a number of variables, including the number of payments, the term, and the amount financed. Maximum APR limits may be subject to applicable state usury laws.
Copyright © 2020. Transact Holdings Inc. All rights reserved.