Updates on MSU Denver event cancellations
As the University works to protect Roadrunners from COVID-19, learn which campus gatherings have been canceled and read best practices for gatherings.
March 16, 2020
Metropolitan State University of Denver remains committed to keeping the campus community safe as we anticipate potential impacts of the COVID-19.
As of Friday, any meeting of 150 people or more is canceled, and organizers for a number of smaller events have elected to cancel in service to public health and safety. To submit an event cancellation for listing on MSU Denver’s Coronavirus Updates and Resources page, please email email@example.com with your event name and details and any other helpful information.
Currently, the list of canceled events and gatherings includes:
- Wednesday: Faculty Senate meeting
- Thursday: “Breaking the Cycle” documentary screening
- March 26: Aviation and Aerospace Alumni Social
- March 27: Alumni Night with the Denver Nuggets
- March 30: Presidential Speaker Series with Debbie James
- April 3: College of Business Alumni Mixer
- April 9: Alumni Networking Group
- April 10: Backpacks to Briefcases
- April 30: Hispanic-Serving Institution Executive Update
- May 5: Faculty and Staff Appreciation BBQ
For smaller events, we ask that potential attendees consider these questions based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Have you or someone in your household gone on a cruise or traveled to a country on the CDC’s Level 3 watch list in the past 30 days? At this time, these include China, Iran, Italy and South Korea. See the CDC’s guidelines for the most up-to-date list.
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk-assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a fever, cough or shortness of breath. See the CDC’s symptom information.
If you answered “yes’ to any of those questions, we recommend against attending a meeting.
If you answered “no,” then please proceed!
Topics: EventsEdit this page