Nominate colleagues for the Outstanding Mentor for Undergraduate Research Award
The honor recognizes faculty or staff who have impacted students through their mentorship on research and scholarly or creative projects.
March 3, 2020
The Undergraduate Research Program is accepting nominations for the Outstanding Mentor for Undergraduate Research Award. The award is open to Metropolitan State University of Denver faculty members or staff who have positively influenced undergraduate research through their own research and scholarly or creative projects with undergraduates, whether inside or outside of the classroom.
The award will be given at the Roadrunners Who Soar Recognition Event on May 7.
Who is eligible?
MSU Denver faculty or staff who have made an impact on undergraduate students through their mentorship on research, scholarly or creative projects or through their work to expand the role of undergraduate research at MSU Denver, especially such as those listed in the selection criteria below.
Ideal candidates meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Inspire others and facilitate their involvement in UR mentorship
- Work to include UR as an important component of their department goals (e.g., advocating to include mentoring undergraduate research in departmental guidelines, developing departmental awards/grants to recognize outstanding UR work, organizing department-sponsored UR activities)
- Mentor undergraduate students in projects as part of course-based undergraduate research experiences
- Mentor undergraduates whose work leads to peer-reviewed publications, conference presentations and/or juried performances/exhibits appropriate to the discipline
- Secure support for their UR work and for their students
- Demonstrate a strong track record of scholarly and/or creative projects involving undergraduates
- Produce publications and presentations about undergraduate research/creative activities
Please submit a cover letter that describes how the nominee has demonstrated outstanding mentorship in undergraduate research activities (two-page maximum), especially related to the selection criteria above.
Faculty, staff and students are welcome to make nominations. Self-nominations are not accepted.
Nominations should be sent to Mandi Schaeffer Fry, Ph.D., associate professor, Mathematical and Computer Sciences, at UndergradResearch@msudenver.edu. Nominations must be received by 5 p.m. on March 16.
Topics: Academics, Award, Excellence, Student Success, Undergraduate ResearchEdit this page