Share these valuable resources with your students
The Tutoring Center and TRIO Student Support Services offer academic assistance and much more.
January 26, 2021
The Metropolitan State University of Denver Tutoring Program supports all MSU Denver students by offering free one-on-one and group tutoring sessions in a variety of subjects. The program is not just for students having difficulties with course material but is also for those looking to better excel in their academic pursuits.
In light of the Covid-19 pandemic, the center will be available remotely through Microsoft Teams through the end of the spring semester. For further instructions on how to use our services through Microsoft Teams, check out this tutorial.
The TRIO Student Support Services application is open for the spring semester. The program has a limited number of spots available, and remaining applicants will be placed on a summer wait list. Once applications are closed, students will be contacted to schedule interviews.
To qualify for TRIO SSS, students must have one or any combination of the following qualifications: be a first-generation college student (meaning neither parent has received a bachelor’s degree), be low-income and/or have a documented disability.
To remain eligible for the spring and fall scholarship opportunity, students will need to complete the following requirements each semester:
- Two advising meetings with their TRIO SSS advisor
- One meeting with a TRIO SSS peer-mentor tutor
- One online workshop or scheduled workshop through the TRIO SSS calendar of events
- One financial-literacy workshop, online or through the TRIO SSS events calendar
- One meeting with Career Services or any career-related event from the TRIO SSS calendar
- One elective (extra online or scheduled workshop, meeting with major or minor advisor, volunteer work, etc.)
Selected students will be required to attend a mandatory virtual orientation before using TRIO SSS services.
Please contact Tisha Townsend, scholar advisor; Ally Garcia, Ph.D., assistant dean/director; Eric Silva, assistant director and scholar advisor; or Jessica Montano, interim administrative assistant/retention advisor, for more information or visit the program’s website.
Topics: Student SuccessEdit this page