Apply for the Excellence in Online Teaching Award
The honor recognizes innovative online teaching and course design, outstanding virtual instruction, service and scholarly contributions.
August 2, 2021
Roadrunners are encouraged to apply for the Excellence in Online Teaching Award. The award recognizes contributions to student learning through innovative online teaching and course-design practices, outstanding efforts in virtual instruction during the pandemic, and service and scholarly contributions to the field. This can include unique and effective online instructional practices, extraordinary overall course design, well-developed individual course materials or innovative use of instructional technology.
Eligible faculty and instructors can hold any Metropolitan State University of Denver academic or administrative rank and must be the original content creator for the course(s) on which the submission is based. A holistic committee review will consider evidence of the following:
- Innovative online teaching practices that result in student engagement, student satisfaction and the achievement of desired learning outcomes.
- Examination of the methods of student learning assessment to inform teaching practices and reshape online-course design.
- Extraordinary commitment to fostering academic success through effective collaboration and rapport with individual learners.
- Development and use of extraordinary overall course design, individual course materials and instructional strategies.
- Service and scholarly activity that enhance the student experience in online courses, advance online education and support fellow instructors in improving their course design and teaching practices.
Award applications should be submitted through the Excellence in Online Teaching Award form. Recipients will be chosen through a selection process overseen collaboratively by the Office of the Provost and the Center for Teaching, Learning and Design. Awards will be presented at the annual Roadrunners Who Soar Celebration. For more information, contact Matt Griswold, associate vice president of Online Learning, or call 608-609-6033.
Topics: Academics, Award, Excellence, Online LearningEdit this page