Department of Health Professions
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ALL STUDENTS IN THE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH PROFESSIONS
The only way to apply for any of the Health Profession's scholarships is through the MSU online application system. Any degree seeking student at MSU Denver can apply including Dreamers and International students for scholarships. Not all scholarships require a FAFSA and or a DIAA form, but we strongly encourage all students to complete the relevant form to increase their chances of eligibility. For more information about MSU Denver scholarships click here.
MSU Denver's 2021-2022 Scholarship Application is now available.
HEALTH PROFESSION SCHOLARSHIP
Health Professions Department "Rising Star" Scholarship Deadline for application is March 1st
The Rising Star Scholarship is an award for students showing initiative, enthusiasm, and potential for future success in Metropolitan State University of Denver’s Health Professions (HEP) Department. It is the intent of the Rising Star Scholarship to be able to support students in their pursuit of becoming passionate professional in their field of study. Each program in HEP has the opportunity to provide one student with the Rising Star Scholarship.
- By meeting the University’s Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements and cannot be in default or owe any refund/repayment of federal, state or institutional aid.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or greater
- Be a Master of Health Administration student OR a Health Profession undergraduate major
- Be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours (6 credit hours for graduate students)
- Required to submit a 500-word essay addressing the following: Describing the lessons we take from obstacles we encounter can be fundamental to later success. Recount a time when you faced a challenge, setback, or failure. Perhaps it was a time when you were under pressure to make a significant decision. Explain the situation and the reason you acted as you did. How did it affect you, what was the impact of your action(s)? Would you make the same decision again today?
For more information on the scholarship, please contact the Health Professions Department at HEP@msudenver.edu or call 303-615-1200.