Department of Management
Management at MSU Denver
We are now offering:
- Online Management Major
- Individualized Degree in Human Resource Management
- Business Sustainability Minor
The skills you'll gain in this multifaceted discipline will benefit your personal and professional life
No matter how big or bright an idea is, building it into a functional business requires a certain set of skills and knowhow. Not every decision you make will be correct, and you won’t be able to accomplish everything on your own. But teamwork makes dreams work, and a degree in Management gives you leadership and organizational skills to make any business succeed.
The Department of Management at MSU Denver teaches an array of business skills that revolve around marketing, accounting, business analytics and finance to go along with management courses that include operations, business law, entrepreneurship, international business and human resources. Whether you’re chasing a dream of starting your own business or improving an existing corporation as a business leader, your understanding of business will give you a strong foundation to succeed in any career you pursue.
MSU Denver is among only 5 percent of business programs in the world to be AACSB accredited. That means that when you graduate, you’re likely to command a higher salary and have greater success entering top graduate schools.
If you envision yourself managing a team, serving as a leader in an organization, starting your own business or working in an international business, degrees offered by the Department of Management can help you get there.
Top Reasons to Major in Management:
- The Denver Post reported individuals with a degree in Business Administration/Management and Operations Management earn the highest salaries in Colorado.
- In the next 8 years the number of Administrative Service Manager jobs will increase by 15%; Human Resource Manager jobs will increase by 13%; Industrial Production Manager jobs will increase by 9%; Training & Development Managers will increase by 15%; and Top Executive jobs will increase by 5%.
- Median pay is about $81,000 for Administrative Service Managers, $89,000 for Industrial Production Managers, $99,000 for Human Resource Managers, $89,170 for Training and Development Managers, and $165,080 for Top Executives.
- Gain an understanding of the strongest force for change in the world today - globalization.
- Learn to manage the total enterprise while honing your interpersonal, critical thinking, analytical, conceptual, and communicative skills.
- Learn to achieve results by leading others.
- Learn the challenges facing large and small institutions and identify the options available to meet these challenges.
- Understand the incredible role that entrepreneurial activity plays in the United States (approximately 80% of US businesses are small companies) and perhaps discover your own entrepreneurial tendencies.
- Learn that nearly all of us will have the opportunity to enter management positions. Management majors and minors will have the advantage in obtaining these positions.
- "Everyone has peak performance potential --- you just need to know where they are coming from and meet them there." --- Anonymous
“My education was based on real-world experience lived by the professionals who taught my classes, not untested theories found in textbooks. MSU Denver gave me a solid foundation of skills and knowledge that accelerated my career.”
Vice president of business operations, Jabez Sport Clips
Here’s where a Management, International Business or Entrepreneurship degree might take you:
Strategic planning, employee training, international logistics, international operations management, project management, international marketing and more.
She is an expert in assessment and HR management and she brings knowledge from her consulting activities and an innovative approach to human resources topics to the classroom.
Professor of Management