Skip to main content Skip to main content

Student FAQ's

‌Click on the following topics below for supervisor resources on training and mentoring student employees.

  • How do I get a job?


    The primary resource for student employees is the Student Employment Opportunities webpage which can be accessed through the Human Resources Webpage: Supervisors post job descriptions, rate of pay, and application processes on this website. Students may also contact individual departments about student employment opportunities.

  • Are there deadlines for finding a hourly position on campus?


    No, there is not a deadline. Students may accept and start an hourly job on-campus at the start of a new payroll period throughout the year.

  • Are there deadlines for finding a work-study position on campus?


    No, as long as the student has been awarded work-study funds. Students may accept and start an work-study job on-campus at the start of a new payroll period throughout the year.

  • Do all departments have hourly funding available to hire student employees?


    No, Some departments do not have the resources available to hire hourly students. Many departments hire work-study awarded student employees only and this is usually noted in the job posting.

  • How many hours can I work?


    On average, students work between 15 and 16 hours a week. However, students are allowed to work up to 30 hours a week while classes are in session and 40 hours a week during campus breaks. International students are allowed to work up to 20 hours a week during the fall and spring semesters. If an international, non-resident, student is not enrolled in classes for the summer semester, they must follow the University hourly policy. (For work-study employees, please refer to the "Earnings Chart" in the handbook to determine how many hours a week you can work while remaining within your Maximum Earnings Level for the semester.

  • Can I have more than one work-study and/or hourly job?


    Yes. Please notify each supervisor that you have another job on campus in order for them to accurately track your award. Please be aware that you cannot work over the thirty hours a week maximum between all jobs while classes are in session.

  • What happens if I turn in my timesheet late?


    Your timesheet will be held and processed on the next payroll period. Manual checks should only be requested in emergency situations.

  • What should I do if I didn't get paid?


    First check with your supervisor to make sure that you timesheet was processed during time entry. If your supervisor successfully processed your timesheet or for those off campus successfully sent it to payroll, then you should either contact the student employment manager or Payroll Services for further assistance. If your supervisor forgot to process your timesheet they may determine if they want to request a manual check.

  • How do I access my pay stubs?


    Click on the link below to view the guide to show you how to access your pay stubs.

    Accessing Pay Stub

  • How do I get my W-2 form?


    In January W-2's are mailed out by Payroll Services. You may also access an electronic copy through the Banner Self-Services on the Student Hub. Click on the Employee Tab and then select the link for Tax Forms

  • How do I change my address?


    The Human Resources department has a Name/Address Change form that can be downloaded and submitted to us via fax at 303-556-5151 or emailed to You will be notified when the change has been made.

  • What should I do if I have to report for Jury Duty?


    First you need to notify your supervisor as soon as possible. Second if you are normally scheduled to work on the day that you are to report, you will get paid only for the shift that you missed. You will need to turn in a copy of the court document showing that you did report in with your timesheet. Your supervisor will need to submit both documents to Payroll Services for processing.

  • Edit this page