Student Government Assembly
- 03.22.2021 - Candidate Application Extension Letter
- 04.07.2021 - Elections & Candidate Application Letter
- 04.21.2021 - Referendum: From Constitution to Shared Governance
- 04.26.2021 - VOTING LINK: https://roadrunnerlink.msudenver.edu/submitter/election/start/483139
All voting will take place online starting on Monday, April 26th till Friday, May 7th (by 11:45pm)
All Student Government Assembly Election Applications will be fully electronic this year through our RoadrunnerLink. (Your login information for RoadrunnerLink is synched with your MSU Denver single sign-on credentials (same username and password as your MSU Denver email). Visit RoadrunnerLink and click the blue “Sign In” button in the top right corner. Sign in using your MSU Denver username and password. The first time you sign in you will be prompted to create your user profile.)
When you are voting make sure to keep in mind:
- president: you may vote for 1
- vice president: you may vote for 1
- student trustee: you may vote for 1
- sacab representative: you may vote for 2
- student senator: you may vote up to 8
Learn more about any Referendums & Proposed Constitutional before you vote.
For any additional questions please email the Election Services team at email@example.com
Spring 2021 Student Government Assembly Elections
To support the transformation of Metropolitan State University of Denver (MSU Denver), the Student Government Assembly (SGA) advocates in the interest of all students, provides leadership opportunities, and enhances the university experience by unifying and empowering all of our students. MSU Denver SGA is the formal representation of the student body to higher administration and faculty. We are welcoming to any student questions or concerns, and do our best to professionally assist in any way and allocate the appropriate resources when needed.
Positions for Candidacy are:
Vice President (1)
Student Trustee (1)
Student Advisory Committee to the Auraria Board (SACAB) Representative (2)
Student Senators (8)
Minimum Qualifications to Note:
- Must have at least one full academic year remaining (Fall 2021 & Spring 2022)
- Earned at least nine (9) credit hours (President & Vice President - eighteen (18) credit hours) from MSU Denver
- Graduate Student: Earned at least twelve (12) undergraduate credit hours or six (6) graduate credit hours from MSU Denver.
- Have and maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA (Senator - 2.25 cumulative GPA) at MSU Denver
- Graduate Student: Have and maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA at MSU Denver
- Be enrolled in at least nine (9) credit hours per semester during the fall and spring semesters.
- Graduate Student: Be enrolled for a minimum of three (3) credit hours per semester during the fall and spring semesters.
- SACAB Representatives & Student Trustee must be a resident of Colorado for at least 3 consecutive years prior to the election
Spring 2021 Elections
March 19th | All candidate applications due by 11:59 p.m.
March 22nd | Meet the candidates are announced on MSU Denver SGA website.
March 22nd - April 16th | Candidates with approved applications may begin their campaign.
April 2nd | Second extension for all candidate applications due by 11:45 p.m.
April 16th | Final extension for all candidate applications due by 11:45 p.m.
April 26th – May 7th | Voting Online via Roadrunner Link. (Voting ends on May 7th by 11:45pm)
May 7th | Expense Report Form is due (11:59 p.m.) to the Elections Team by the SGA candidates.
May 14th | Notice to any candidates with alleged violations.
May 14th | If no outstanding election violation allegations, the Elections Team will certify the results and publish the results by sending them to all candidates, the current President of SGA, and the Metropolitan editor.
May 21st | MSU Denver Elections Team will certify the results and publish results if had a need to address any violation allegations. The Elections Team will then publish the results by sending them to all candidates, the current President of SGA, and the Metropolitan editor.