Office of Testing Services
CIS 2010 Placement Test
The Office of Testing Services administers the CIS 2010 Placement Test. Students must present a valid photo ID at the time of the test.
Testing on campus in Tivoli Room 347:
No appointment is necessary to take the exam during regular business hours, Monday through Friday between 9am and 3pm.
Tesing at home using a virtual proctoring service:
- Include your MSU Denver student ID number.
- Specify which exam you need to take (CIS2010 Placement Test)
- Include full name and contact information.
Prepare for the CIS2010 Placement Test:
For study and preparation materials as well as general information on the CIS2010 Placement Test please see the CIS website at this link.
General exam information:
- The exam has 100 computer concepts questions, Access questions and Excel questions worth one point each. All 100 questions must be answered within 120 minutes.
- Scores are available within two business days of taking the test.
- Students scoring 75% or higher will be able to register for CIS2010.
- Students scoring below 75% may register for CIS/CSS 1010.
- Students may take the test twice in a five year period. Students may not test twice on the same day.